Beginning in 2009, SAM has awarded grants of $5000 towards original research
(YOU CAN FIND THE APPLICATION FORM & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS HERE)
- 2009 Davide Cattano, M.D.
- 2010 Richard Cooper, M.D. Direct and video laryngoscopy in four airway manikins: a comparative study
- Corina Lee, Co-investigator. Results presented at the 2010 annual meeting of the Society for Airway Management in Chicago, IL, September 2010. Report in Press, to be printed in theJournal of Clinical Anesthesia
- 2011 Tracy Straker, M.D. The Use of an Online Procedure Logbook to Monitor Training among Anesthesiology Residents.
- Samuel Metz and Alla Krayman, co-investigators. Results presented at the 2011 annual meeting of the Society for Airway Management in Scottsdale, AZ, September 16, 2011
- 2011 William Rosenblatt, M.D. Trial of the Ventrain EVA transtracheal oxygenator in an large animal model
- Seth Manoach MD and Lorenzo Paladino MD, co-investigators and co-authors. Results presented at the 2011 annual meeting of the Society for Airway Management in Scottsdale, AZ, September 2011
- 2012 Roya Yumul, M.D., Ph.D. A randomized, prospective study to compare the Video Miller device to direct laryngoscopy using a standard pediatric Miller blade for tracheal intubation of children
- Marshal Kaplan, M.D., co-author. Results presented at the 2012 annual meeting of the Society for Airway Management in Toronto, September 2012
- PI–Cooper, Richard: Does video laryngoscopy feedback, with and without recording, accelerate the learning curve of novice laryngoscopists in skill acquisition of direct laryngoscopy? –A Pilot Study
- You can find the application form and instruction for submission HERE
Distinguished Service Award
Each year the Society for Airway Management awards the Distinguished Service Award (DSA). The award goes to an individual who has worked to forward to mission of the Society as well as other endeavors in airway management education . The award is made by the SAM-DSA committee, which is composed of the three immediate SAM presidents and the three most recent DSA winners. The committee has the option to not award a DSA. Each year the award is presented at the annual meeting.
- 2006 Andranik Ovassapian, M.D., (Patriarch Award)
- 2006 Lorraine Foley, M.D.
- 2007 Anthony Sanchez, M.D.
- 2008 Richard Aghababian, M.D.
- 2009 D. John Doyle, M.D.
- 2010 William Rosenblatt, M.D.
- 2011 Lifetime Achievement Award Michael Frass, M.D.
- 2012 Carin A. Hagberg, M.D.
- 2013 Elizabeth Behringer M.D.
- 2014 Allan Klock M.D.
- 2015 Katherine Gil, M.D.
- 2016 Jack Pacey, M.D.
- 2016 Anne-Marie Prince (Inaugural Ovassapian Distinguished Service Award)
Resident Trainee Awards
2010 Resident Trainee Awards
- Richard E. Galgon, M.D.
- Jeffrey Keck, M.D.
- Andrew Germanovich, M.D.
- Alexander Bautista, M.D.
2011 Resident Trainee Awards
- Twain Russell, M.D.
- Enohumah Osagie Kingsley, M.D.
- Ivan Parra-Sanchez, M.D.
- Bilal Ahmad, M.D.
2012 Resident Trainee Awards
- Saldanha Darrel, M.D.
- Catherine Wong, M.D.
- Daniel Cordovani, M.D.
- Ram Jagannathan, M.D.
Research Travel Awards
2016 Research Travel Awards
- Thomas Navarro
- Samuel Keane
- Rohini Singh
2014 Research Travel Awards
- Mercedeh Vaez
- Devdatta Desai
- Kenneth Benson
- Harsharon Chopra